Friday, February 24, 2012

Xena: Season 1, Episode 08: "Prometheus"

I've reached a new milestone. First, it was acquiring the box set, then it was building the website, now I've (drum roll) ...gotten all the way through disc 2. Only 52 more discs to go! In other news:
“Once, a long, long time ago, all people had four legs and two heads. And then the gods threw down thunderbolts, and split everyone into two. Each half then had two legs and one head. But the separation left both sides with a desperate yearning to be reunited. Because they each shared the same soul. And ever since then, all people spend their lives searching for the other half of their soul.” - Gabrielle
Gang, this ep was a good one. And this part was soOo beautiful - the whole moment: the music, Iolaus, Gabrielle’s face, the story. Ugh!!

SPOILER: My reviews are full of them! I'll try to note when I'm about to spoil the series by posting [SERIES SPOILER] for said item and [END SPOILER] after. Please don't read the review, unless you've seen the episode under discussion or don't care if I spoil it. 

CLICK HERE for full page view.
 EXTRAS:
(1) Iolaus: “Hercules, I thought you cared about her.” Hercules: “I do care about her.” I: “Then let her strike the blow.” H: “Iolaus, I can’t. Just trust me.”

(2) H: “Well, sometimes in life, you go with your heart, not your head.” X: “What does that mean?” H: “That means, I can’t let you die, if I can do anything to stop it.” – Awww...

(3) I: “Do you believe that everyone has someone out there that shares a part of their soul?” H: “I know it.” – So sweet, yet he says this as he watches Gabrielle and Xena taking off together. If Hercules and Xena were the halves of the same soul, the search would’ve been over, and Xena and Hercules would’ve stayed together. Would they not?

(4) Xena laughs while kicking ass. She’s so evil.

(5) Even so early on, Xena was willing to die for everyone. [SERIES SPOILER] I plan to keep this in mind for the final two episodes. [END SPOILER]

(6) Luckily the sword fell on the rock Hercules held just right, enough to fly into Prometheus’ chains and cut them. Also, luckily that bird carrying Xena flew right over the place where Xena could fall into Hercules’ strong arms.
The legend of the sword and Arthur pulling it from the stone, just like Xena: 


Click HERE for an updated calendar/watching schedule.
 Xena Movie Review Templates: COLOR or Black & White
Don't forget to like the Xena Movie Campaign on Facebook! 
 Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment