Thursday, February 2, 2012

Every Xena Episode, The Unveiling Of


I am so god damn tired... BUT

Pot o' Gold!
It is so. on.

First of all, this was in the mail when I got home tonight.

Plain, white, seemingly harmless, padded mailer. 

I know what it is, you know what it is, we aaall know what it is..  ..It's this:

Hercules: The Legendary Journeys (The Xena Trilogy:
The Warrior Princess/The Gauntlet/Unchained Heart)

After I opened the trilogy, I opened the box set.

Xena Box Set (Top)
Xena Box Set (Front)

Isn't it beautiful? I thought I wouldn't be able to handle it, but once I started unpacking everything, I realized it was my destiny. Easy as falling in love.

Right away, I love how the sets get thicker as the series gets older (just like the Harry Potter books, though I've never read those). I took pictures of every cover, which I'll now display.

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

Season 4

Season 5

Season 6

These are mine. I own them. Who can wait to watch this shit? Certainly not me. I'll be starting tomorrow right after work, if I'm bodily able. Gotta make sure the template is ready and stuff. Hopefully I make it all the way through the trilogy tomorrow night. I gotta make a schedule, don't I? I do.

Every time I start a new season, I'll take detailed pictures of the DVD and the case. There are pictures scattered all up in this set that need to be seen.

As a bonus, LegendaryHeroes.com included this!

Xena 10th Anniversary Collection

Though I probably won't watch this anytime soon, I think it's kind of amazing. You should read about it here. It's cool, because it's like a greatest hits CD, but for Xena. It's a greatest hits DVD. Here's kind of a shitty picture of the back, in case you want to read it.


It's interesting reading the reviews about this collection on Amazon. Some disagree with the included episodes. This would be a great thing to keep in mind when watching the whole series.

I'm sure everyone's Xena's greatest hits list is different. I simply think it's wonderful that there was so much praise for the show that something like this was made. I mean, I've never seen a greatest hits for a TV show before. Not yet, anyway. It's kind of a good idea. You could, perhaps, loan this to someone who's never seen the show, is interested, but doesn't want to commit to watching the the whole thing. 

Alright, well, I'm going to hit it. Tomorrow: schedule, template completion, trilogy pictures, watch the trilogy, fill out the templates. ...Probably won't be able to complete all of that, but a bitch can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment