Monday, February 20, 2012

Xena: Season 1, Episode 06: "The Reckoning"

What up, G's? I didn't quite manage to fit this review into a single template as before, which is what I hope to achieve with every review. It doesn't mean I love it any more/less! In this blog's episode, Xena and Ares have a few private chats about her future.
 
SPOILER: My reviews are full of them! I'll try to note when I'm about to spoil the series by posting [SERIES SPOILER] for said item and [END SPOILER] after. Please don't read the review, unless you've seen the episode under discussion or don't care if I spoil it. 

CLICK HERE for full page view. 
EXTRAS:
(1) “That hooded assassin who did do it, he fights as well as I do, maybe better. He’s strong and fast, and then he just disappeared.” – Xena talking about Ares.

(2) Gabrielle: “Nobody here cares that she didn't kill anyone. Nobody cares that she was only trying to help! Nobody believes that she fought the real murderer! All you care about is executing someone! I'd've run away, too. So would you.” – It was like watching
A Few Good Men; I was engrossed.  
(3) “You’re irresistible. But I suppose you already know that.” – Xena to Ares. I love that she says this, because it’s true. He’s a god!

(4) Xena: “That was a pretty dumb thing you did back there.” Gabrielle: “Well, you would’ve done the same for me.” X: “That's different.” G: “Why? Because you're a warrior? Yeah, well, normal people like me take chances to save their best friends, too, you know.”

(5) Xena: “I need you to leave me alone for a while.” Gabrielle: “Okay.” X: “I didn’t mean that like it sounded. I’m glad you came back.” – This was the sweetest part in the whole episode.

(6) I love it when Ares commends Xena, even for acts committed against him.
Radiohead's "Reckoner." One of their best. Look out, it's srsly beautiful: 

 
Revised Calendar:
Click HERE for larger view.
Click HERE for an updated calendar/watching schedule.
 Xena Movie Review Templates: COLOR or Black & White
Don't forget to like the Xena Movie Campaign on Facebook! 
 Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment