Monday, March 12, 2012

Xena: Season 1, Episode 20: "Ties That Bind"

I remembered after I pressed "Play" that there was some catch to this guy being Xena’s father, but I couldn’t remember exactly what. It's Ares. COOL. This is a good episode, pretty dark at the end. Looking back on it, Atrius was totally Ares from the first move to the last.

In related news, here's some useless information: I have a special dance that I do every time the Xena theme music starts. I close my eyes and wave my hands in front of my nose like I’m shooing away a fly.


SPOILERS: My reviews are full of them! I'll try to note when I'm about to spoil the series by posting [SERIES SPOILER] before said item and [END SPOILER] after.. Please don't read the review, unless you've seen the episode under discussion or don't care if I spoil it.

CLICK HERE for full page view.

EXTRAS:
1) X: “They killed my father. Now, they’ll die, too. Get out of my way.” (Dude, she looks fuckin crazy here.) G: “No! Look at me!” (Love this line.)

2) Ares: “I thought about it for a long time. What could I do to win you back? Money? Power? What was your weakness? And then it came to me - Daddy! It was so glorious. You did everything I wanted. You killed soldiers. You even left your pesky little friend for me.” - Love the way he says, "Daddy!"

3) X: “Give up on me, Ares. I’m never coming back.” Ares: “I know what’s in your heart. There’s a reason why I play the part of Atrius so well.”

4) X: “You’re not my father.” Ares: “What is a father, Xena? A man who guides you; who teaches you how to live your life.
"
5) G: “Is he your father?” X: “Give me a break.” - Love the way Xena says this to Gabrielle.

6) Kirilus: “Where have I failed you? Have I not made sacrifices?” Ares: “Oh, yeah, yeah, you’ve been great about the sacrifice thing."
7) Atrius: “You’re just gonna ride off?” X: “Why shouldn’t I?” Atrius: “Because I’m your-” X: “No you’re not!” – She called that shit! She knows everything

Click HERE for an updated calendar/watching schedule.
 Xena Movie Review Templates: COLOR or Black & White
Don't forget to like the Xena Movie Campaign on Facebook! 
 Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment