Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Xena: Season 2, Episode 03: "The Giant Killer"

If you’ll note (and I hope that you will and share this with me), I watched episodes 1, 2, and 3 all on Sunday night. Back to back. In rapid succession. I couldn’t help it! That's how good it's getting up in here.

Now, as you'll soon know, this episode made me cry, which I can’t fucking believe. It was just so touching. Or maybe it’s the fact that I thought I would be evicted at the time. No, it couldn't have been that; surprising to some, I could actually give a shit about being kicked out of my tiny $1,000 apartment. ...I can not believe I cried. It’s only the third god damn episode for ..crying out loud!

And it’s about Goliath! I'm not much for Jesus or the bible, but I was raised First Baptist (whatever that means) and "David and Goliath" was my favorite biblical story. I even had David and Goliath action figures. Goliath just so happened to be the same height as Barbie, plus he was waaay more flexible than Ken, so.. you know. Here it is, actually:


I wasn’t expecting the Goliath episode so soon. All of these episodes coming up when I’m not expecting them is making me wonder what the hell is going to be left to show in the remaining seasons, yet I know that the remaining seasons are spectacular (except for 5).

In closing, I'll add that I actually cried again during the rewatch. It’s a tear-jerker, this one! But don't worry; we'll get through it together.

SPOILERS: My reviews are full of them! I'll try to note when I'm about to spoil the series by posting [SERIES SPOILER] before said item and [END SPOILER] after. Please don't read the review, unless you've seen the episode under discussion or don't care if I spoil it. 

CLICK HERE for full page view.

Don't forget to like the Xena Movie Campaign on Facebook!
Click HERE for an updated calendar/watching schedule.
 Xena Movie Review Templates: COLOR or Black & White
 Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment