Monday, February 10, 2014

Xena: Season 3, Episode 08: "The King of Assassins"

"The King of Assassins"

OK, I don’t remember this episode. Like AT ALL. As in, I’m pretty sure I’ve never seen it before. If I wasn’t 99% certain I have seen it, I’d say it was new to me. I’m almost wondering if I somehow missed it during the 2009 viewing. Otherwise, “King of Assassins” is just what the doctor ordered. Sure it starts out slow, but it gains momentum in the tail.

SPOILERS: My reviews are full of them! I'll try to note when I'm about to spoil the series by posting [SERIES SPOILER] before said item and [END SPOILER] after. Please don't read the review, unless you've seen the episode under discussion or don't care if I spoil it.

CLICK HERE for full page view.


 CLICK HERE FOR bigger VIEW! 

EXTRAS:
1) Autolycus: "A good thief, like a good lover, takes his time, has patience.”

2) Gabrielle: "Three hours, Joxer. I waited for you for three hours with a bunch of drunken, horny half-wits!” Joxer: “Ow!" Gabrielle: "I have been grabbed more times than the golden fleece!” – I don’t really get this, but I bet if I did, it’d be really funny.

3) Autolycus: “This man is a killer!  I saw him murder a man, last night.” G:  "Him? He was in prison last night for chicken theft.” – Hahahaha

4) Joxer: “My whole life's been, 'Jet stole some horses; Jet torched a village; Jet killed the neighbors.' My parents were so proud.” – Ha! This reminds me of the dynamic within
the Addam's Family and the aunt and uncle in Cry-Baby.

5) Gabrielle: “Who could the target be?” Joxer: "Oh, well you know Jet doesn't work cheaply, so it's probably a bigwig.” – Again, bigwigs wouldn’t exist for another 1,700 years from this point.

6) Gabrielle: "It's a chance to do something really good.” Autolycus: “Ha." Gabrielle: "And get a big reward.” Autolycus: "Oh, she had to say the "R" word.”

7) Cleopatra: "I'll let you know as soon as you make a firm offer. Are you firm yet, Autolycus?” Autolycus: "I don't know. I haven't seen your bottom line." – GOOD ONE.

Looks that may or may not have inspired Joxer/Jet's attire:

Edward Scissorhands
Pinhead from Hellraiser

Tell me this doesn't remind you of Jet, and I'll give you a blow job. 


Gina Torres is so awesome. If you don't know who she is, then I'll have to beat you here's a taste: 


This special song, burning brightly in my life right now, goes out to this yoga instructor http://www.nerve.com/love-sex/beautiful-nude-yoga-instructor-poses-in-her-favorite-positions-nsfw


Don't forget to like the Xena Movie Campaign on Facebook!
Click HERE for an updated calendar/watching schedule.
 Xena Movie Review Templates: COLOR or Black & White
 Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment