Monday, January 20, 2014

Xena: Season 3, Episode 02: "Been There, Done That"

"Been There, Done That"

SPOILERS: My reviews are full of them! I'll try to note when I'm about to spoil the series by posting [SERIES SPOILER] before said item and [END SPOILER] after. Please don't read the review, unless you've seen the episode under discussion or don't care if I spoil it. 

CLICK HERE for full page view.

EXTRAS:
1) G: “Xena, you're saying that I forgot everything that happened yesterday?” X: "You didn't just forget; it never happened to you.” G: "Well, if it never happened, then what's to forget?” X: “Today." G: "But today hasn't happened yet.” X: "Well, it happened to me." - I love Xena trying to explain all this to Gabrielle and Gabrielle not buying it.

2) J: "Oh, oh! I know. I know. Wait a minute. What if none of this really is happening, and, like, we're all in somebody else's head, and they're making us up?” - Admission: I entertain this theory all the time.

3) X: "You don't even remember Joxer's death? The sword plunged into his heart, his chest covered with blood, his eyes staring blankly up at the sky. (Joxer faints) We had a funeral for him. You cried over him.” - This is so good, the way Xena says this to Gabrielle, and Gabrielle looks at Xena almost like she’s embarrassed.

4) X: “I find out every stinky little thing there is to know about these people, I save the old man, stop the fighting, and then use the information I've got to make peace between the houses, and still it isn't enough. I'm missing something. I'm missing something small... I think I know what it is.” - The idea that she really does have to learn everything about the town in order to move on to tomorrow is overwhelming. Like the movie Groundhog Day (1993), it makes you wonder how many days Xena spent in that town. People have calculated in Groundhog Day, that Bill Murray’s character repeated the same day for years.

5) X: "So, when you saw me in the village, why didn't you ask for help?” Neron: “Well frankly, I- I was expecting Hercules. Or at least Sinbad.” - Ha! Sinbad! Bastard..
In case you've been living under a rock and have never heard of Groundhog Day, allow these clips to whet your appetite. While a rooster awakens Xena every morning, it's Sonny and Cher's "I Got You Babe" which rousts Phil:


Feathers' album "If Now All Here" was my favorite of 2013. Here's one of my picks from the album (No, I do not play Grand Theft Auto, but this song is featured therein.):



Don't forget to like the Xena Movie Campaign on Facebook!
Click HERE for an updated calendar/watching schedule.
 Xena Movie Review Templates: COLOR or Black & White
 Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment