Sunday, April 15, 2018

Xena: Season 4, Episode 22: "Déjà Vu All over Again"

ALTERNATIVE TITLE: 
“The Clip Show about Past Lives, where Xena (Ted Raimi) Kisses Gabrielle”

OK, #1) I can’t believe they put a clip episode right after "The Ides of March" and #2) I can’t believe they put the most definitive piece of subtext to date in a clip episode. Xena and Gabrielle essentially kiss each other in this episode. With tongue. They do. They just do.


A list of all the episodes featured, in order of appearance:
"Callisto"
"Sacrifice II"
"Intimate Stranger"
"In Sickness and in Hell"
"In Sickness and in Hell" again
"A Family Affair"
"The Quest"
"Return of Callisto"
"The Reckoning"
"One Against an Army" 

The Episodes in that Beautiful Montage of Xena and Gabrielle:
"Sins of the Past"
"Altared States"
"Destiny"
"The Price"
"Between the Lines"
"The Prodigal"
"A Good Day"
"The Lost Mariner"
"Is There a Doctor in the House?"
"A Day in the Life"
"One Against an Army" again
"Vanishing Act"
"Sins of the Past"
"A Tale of Two Muses"

SPOILERS: My reviews are full of them! I'll try to note when I'm about to spoil the series by posting [SERIES SPOILER] before said item and [END SPOILER] after. Please don't read the review, unless you've seen the episode under discussion or don't care if I spoil it.

CLICK HERE for full page view.
CLICK HERE FOR bigger VIEW! 

EXTRA QUOTES:
1) Harry: "It says here that the vigilante struck with 'acrobatic athleticism.' Annie, you need a rubdown after a game of croquet." Annie: "Uh, but when my body is taken over by my previous life spirit, Xena, Warrior Princess, I clearly become a very dangerous woman." – Hahahaa, the way she says that last part.

2) Annie: "And you said that dressing the part was silly."

3) Annie: "Doctor, I was there. I saw Hope and Gabrielle fall into the pit. I experienced the whole thing. It broke my heart. I am Xena."

4) Annie: "Oh, Harry." Harry: "What's going on?" Annie: "I went back there. I was Joxer. Oh, please, not Joxer. That ass." Harry: "Mm-hmm.. Doctor? Look at her! She looks devastated!" Annie: "He's the comic relief."
5) Mattie: "Clearly, she didn't expect to find out she's this Joxer person." Harry: "Would you knock off that crap?! You can get her to believe she's anybody you want!" Annie: "They should never have introduced his character in the first place." – Hahaha

6) Mattie: “Uh it was like technicolor, you know? I mean, I felt like I was really there." Marco: "Ah, you're probably watching too many episodes." Mattie: "No, I don't watch that show, bunch of chop-socky crap. Besides, this was so repulsive. It couldn't have been an episode." – Aaahhhahahaha

7) Marco: "Ahh you never know with that show." Mattie: "No, the sights the sound." Marco: "They're sneaky, they'll try anything." Mattie: "That smell." Marco: "One week, they're melodrama the next week, they're the Three Stooges." Mattie: "Marco I'm telling you. For a moment there, I believed it." Marco: "And they're way too serialized."

8) Mattie: "Look, if it's about the money, you can take it. I'm through with this scam!" Marco: "I plan to!" Annie: "It's a scam. I knew I couldn't be Joxer."

9) Mattie: This is a karmic catastrophe. I'm gonna come back as a worm, or a cockroach. No, a TV evangelist."

10) Ares: You can't still be holding a grudge after all these years." Harry: "It's not a grudge. It's the difference between right and wrong good and evil you just never learned that lesson." Ares: "Are we gonna fight again?" Harry: "Bring it on."

11) Annie: "I'll leave you two to get reacquainted. And another thing I went back when Callisto had you two tied up and you know what? Joxer saved your butts. I saw it from his point of view, and you would never have gotten that chakram if he hadn't come in when he did. He had the heart of a lion, and a really, really big one, too." Harry: "You're right, Annie." Annie: "And he was a very underrated fighter.

12) Annie: "Oh, um, Harry, I've been aware for some time that you've been going into my underwear drawer at night and, um it's nice to know it was in a good cause." – What does this mean? Xena’s a pervert? Help me.

I just found and listened to this song the day I watched this episode:



Don't forget to like the Xena Movie Campaign on Facebook!
Click HERE for an updated calendar/watching schedule.
 Xena Movie Review Templates: COLOR or Black & White
 Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment