Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Xena: Season 4, Episode 11: "Daughter of Pomira"

ALTERNATIVE TITLE:
“The Emerald Forest Episode”

Another good episode, though not a favorite, but I still enjoyed it. Eerily, like all these epiodes lately, very relevant to current political climate.

Number of times: 
  • Someone’s in a tree: 3 
  • Milo says he loves X: 2 (One is a marriage proposal! Aaiieeee!!!)
  •  
SPOILERS: My reviews are full of them! I'll try to note when I'm about to spoil the series by posting [SERIES SPOILER] before said item and [END SPOILER] after. Please don't read the review, unless you've seen the episode under discussion or don't care if I spoil it.

CLICK HERE for full page view.
CLICK HERE FOR bigger VIEW! 

EXTRA QUOTES:
1) Milo: "Oh, you said it yourself years ago the only good Horde is a dead Horde. Words to live by." – Sounds like he’s saying “whore.” It seems like they went back and told him to emphasize that “d.”

2) X: "Good. That's good. But it's not why we're here." – Love this delivery.

3) Milo: "Your loss. But when you're tracking them and they suddenly vanish don't come begging me to find them for you." X: "It's a deal. Now, beat it." G: "Can you believe him?" X: "Gabrielle, I was him. If it wasn't for you and one word I'd be there, now." G: "'Kaltaka.'" X: "You trust your heart, and and I respect that, but taking Vanessa could stir up a whole lot of trouble."

4) Milo: "Stupid savage! You should have left her where you found her. More Horde than human." – This is something like Hitler would say.

5) Adiah: "The Horde is coming?" G: "No that's not what she meant." X: "Yes, it was.” – Love this.

6) Bearded Man: "I say we give her back to the Horde!" – This is such a cartoon delivery.

7) X: "Cirvik loves her. I saw it in his eyes, and I heard it in his voice." G: "You know, you'd think I'd learn not to meddle with families." – What the fuck does this mean? I've pondered it for hours.

8) X: "You know, this thing has really come in handy, lately.” – She’s talking about the bull whip. Are we sure she didn’t say "really coming handy?" It could be my brain tricking me, but it seems like she’s merging words lately.

9) Milo: "A Horde is a Horde, whatever their age." – To me, this reads: Horde = Jew.

10) X: "I hate that." – how many times has x said this in the last few episodes?

11) X: "No, Gabrielle, because of you, Raul and Adiah now know that their daughter is alive and happy instead of dead like they thought. And because of you, Vanessa now has two loving homes and and because of you, for the first time ever, there's peace between us and the Hor-.. the Pomira." G: "I did all that?" X: "Mm-hm." G: "And they call you the hero?"
POLITICAL CORNER:
1) Vanessa: "Many will die." X: "On both sides. But you can stop that, Pilee."

2) X: “Vanessa is the only one who can communicate with both sides." – We sure could use her right now.
3) Xena ends up killing Milo, which is the normal response to a Nazi.
You need only but watch The Emerald Forest (1985) trailer below to see how I settled upon the alternative episode title, the way I did.



This episode also heavily nods to Dances with Wolves (1990):



This is exactly the way Rahl responded to Vanessa's cleanin' up nice:


The XX's "Loud Places, a song I jammed out heavily to the day I watched this episode.

 


Don't forget to like the Xena Movie Campaign on Facebook!
Click HERE for an updated calendar/watching schedule.
 Xena Movie Review Templates: COLOR or Black & White
 Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment