Sunday, May 6, 2012

May 2012 Calendar Update

All right; let's talk about the schedule a little bit. It took quite the beating in April. Lots of new stuff happened... New jobs, new apartment lease, taxes, new responsibilities.

May, too, brings events about which I'm not happy, frankly. I'll be staying the weekend with a coworker of mine, and that's fine, though I wish I could get out of it. The truth is, I don't know her very well, but I do know that she's very insistent, and I don't think she understands (or cares) that my life is private, busy, and solitary.

Optional Reading: When I try to tell others that I don't have time for fun stuff or that I like to be alone, many view that as a bad thing or something that I'm unhappy with and would like to see changed. The truth is, I don't like to go out much, especially if I don't know the person. I would rather be alone 95% of the time. I love being alone! 

Ironically, I find it hard to be alone due to the insistence of friends. If it wasn't for work and true friends who guilt-trip me into spending time with them, I would never go out at all.

In short, what I'm saying is, I don't want to spend the weekend with my coworker, but it seems to mean a lot to her, and she did help get me my new job, so I'm doing it. I'll spend the weekend with her and will be glad as I do, I'm sure, but I doubt I get in any Xena time.

When my friend's wedding approaches later in the month, I'll obviously miss out on Xena those three days. I fucking love weddings, and it's a good friend, so I'm happy for the distraction. Also, during that time, my friend Max from Texas will be staying with me. He's independent, likes to work the bar scene, then crash with other friends in the city, so I can probably sneak in an episode or two while he's out. However, while he's here with me in the apartment, we have our own shows and movies that we watch together, such as Gone with the Wind.

Miss Scarlett
It will be rough, but I'll attempt to watch more episodes in May than I did in April, get through season 2, and start season 3 at least. I can't make any promises. Not in this town. June should be much slower and therefore "roomier." Unless I start secretarial school... We'll see. Lalalalalalalala!!

Don't forget to like the Xena Movie Campaign on Facebook!
Click HERE for an updated calendar/watching schedule.
 Xena Movie Review Templates: COLOR or Black & White
 Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment